About the Traffic Enforcement Centre

This page is about the Traffic Enforcement Centre (TEC) which is part of Northampton County Court Bulk Centre. It was established to allow local authorities to enforce an unpaid penalty charge notice (PCN). Transport for London also register unpaid congestion charges at the Traffic Enforcement Centre. Highways England also use TEC to registered unpaid Dart Charge penalties.

What does the Traffic Enforcement Centre (TEC) do?

In relation to bailiff enforcement, the Traffic Enforcement Centre (TEC)  process  all Out of Time witness statements and statutory declarations. If your Out of Time witness statement is accepted, TEC will also produce the Notice advising that the warrant is revoked.

The other aspect of the Traffic Enforcement Centre, is to authorise the issue of a warrant of control. In  the past year, TEC authorised approx 1.8 million warrants of control.  Over 350,000 of these warrants related to an unpaid Dart Charge. The Traffic Enforcement Centre also process requests from local authorities to reseal a warrant. Applications for permission to reseal a warrant of control are made when a new  address has been identified.

Contacting the Traffic Enforcement Centre (TEC)

It should not really be necessary to telephone the Traffic Enforcement Centre (see below). But if you really need to, the telephone number  is either: 0300 123 1059 or 01604 619 450.  The lines are open between 8.30 am until 4pm Monday to Friday.

Why is it so difficult to get through to the Traffic Enforcement Centre?

We have recently introduced this new Traffic Enforcement Centre FAQ page to our website to answer this and other popular questions.

Which Out of Time forms do I need (TE7 and TE9 or PE2 and PE3)?

For all parking contraventions, forms TE7 and TE9 will be required.  If the contravention was for a ‘moving traffic’ offence detected by CCTV, you will need forms PE2 and PE3

What do I need to put on the Out of Time witness statement (TE7 and TE9)

Unfortunately, poorly drafted forms  (TE7 and TE9 or PE2 and PE3) are the main reason why up to approx 65% of these applications being rejected. Another major problem is motorists drafting these forms on their mobile phones and providing almost no background information. Rejections can be avoided by seeking advice before sending the application to the Traffic Enforcement Centre. This page  should  help you. You can also seek advice by sending a question to us by email.

Commentary from Bailiff Advice Online

We have a great deal of experience with the Traffic Enforcement Centre and over the past 12 years, have assisted thousands of individuals with drafting of Out of Time witness statements (TE7 and TE9) or statutory declarations (PE2 and PE3).  If you require our assistance, you can email a question to us using our very popular Enquiry form.  Alternatively, our Contact page  has our phone details.